Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Is this right?

So I'm sitting here, trying to figure out how to create my blog--INSTEAD of packing for my huge move to Tanzania, which is happening in 3 days. Actually, we fly to Philly in 3 days; then it's off to Tanzania on 11 June, to start our service with the Peace Corps. So far I've packed and unpacked 5 times, and I think another round of the same activity is coming. I'm excited and nervous and nauseous, consumed with, I'm sure, ridiculously silly thoughts: will I have enough tampons? Are my clothes ok? Will anyone like me? Will I like anyone? Can I buy good lotion in Tanzania? So for right this moment, I'm wasting time, figuring out how to post things on my blog. I'm sure getting a pedicure and a massage today didn't help me get ready any faster, either...

7 comments:

modgirl said...

this much is for sure-the aesthetics of the blog are lovely. kisses, T

Stephen Serwin said...

Here are a couple of quotes about procrastination:
"Only Robinson Crusoe had everything done by Friday."
and
"The sooner I fall behind, the more time I have to catch up."

Johan said...

I'm so happy for the two of you! Some how it seems trite to say that your procrastination is just a part of the process for you to come to terms with this major life event. As you know, I would personally like to do a massage every day so relish it and all your deviations. Bon Voyage!
Big Hugs, Johan

mamasita said...

Your mom and dad are extremely proud of both of you. We will miss you dearly. We pray for your continued strength and determination as you embark in this new adventure in your life. Stay healthy, happy and safe.

mimi and kurt said...

carla and tony,
your fan club is getting longer and longer on this blog site.
wish that we were with you today.
packing for a big trip is a big deal. by this time tomorrow, you won't need to think about packing because your important journey will have begin.
good luck and know that our love is packed with you.
with fondness and wishing you the best of luck and good adventures,
mimi and kurt

Gordana said...

Carla, I love the "lotion" comment. That's so Carla! And your blog is wonderful. We miss you guys already and are so proud of you. You are always in our thoughts and we all look forward to hearing about your adventures. Stay happy and healthy!
Love,
Tom, Gordana, Tina, Deedee & Missy

mimi and kurt said...

HI CARLA AND TONY,
HOPE THAT YOU CAN SHARE THE BLOG MESSAGE AS I HAVE HAD TROUBLE LOGGING ON. HOPEFULLY, TODAY IN MILW. TAMAR SAVED ME AND TAUGHT ME THE RIGHT WAY TO REACH YOU VIA THE BLOG.

HOW ARE YOU FARING AND WHAT IS NEW ?

ZEV, 6 YRS. OLD IS VISITING US FOR SEVERAL DAYS . WE ARE HAVING SUCH A GRAND TIME WITH HIM . TODAY EVA, 11 YRS. WENT TO 4 WEEKS OF OVERNIGHT CAMP IN EAGLE RIVER, WI. THAT PLACE MUST SOUND SO FAR AWAY TO YOU RIGHT NOW.

WELL, THE INTENSE HEATWAVE HAS BROKEN FOR THE MOMENT.

IL. HEAT WAVE IN THE 90'S CONTINUES AND YOU CAN IMAGINE HOW I SWEATED WHEN I WAS THERE!

KISSES AND HUGS,
MIMI AND KURT